Friday, January 15, 2010

Karma

It took me awhile to admit that I loved the show "My Name is Earl." I was a closet watcher for the first few weeks as I peered over at Luke's eyes to see if he was awake to witness my secret love of redneck comedy.  The worst part was that I could not explain my love for the show.  Recently though when I had a tough rumble with Karma I realized what it was that Earl and I had in common,  we are both believers in the power of Karma.
When I was younger I used to be a habitual liar of everything.  I would lie to cover up a lie and so caught deeply into the intertwining of my own delusional web.  It was a tough life, having to remember what lie I had told to whom, and eventually it caught up with me.  I lost friends, hurt loved ones, lost jobs, and missed out on the good fortunes life could of offered if only I would of told the truth.  Oh by the way, as my luck would have it, whenever I told a lie, I would suffer the truth of this lie.  I have recently reminded myself of this fate.
After reality finally stepped in and slapped me across the face, I began to realize the comfort that telling the truth offered.  I vowed then to always tell the truth or suffer immediate consequences.  That is why I love "My Name is Earl," because it is a parallel comedic version of my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment