Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I found a new love...Elizabeth Gilbert.  Currently I am reading her book "Eat Pray Love" and I feel as if her voice is one from my own heart.  That may sound cheezy (and I am sorry to put that on you), but she has a familiar voice that I have known for years.  Her sense of humor towards the erruption of  life's problems is align with mine.  I can not say that I have struggled with the depths of depression as she describes, but I have been harrassed a time or two by D & L.  I completely relate to her questioning of what our thoughts and feelings stem from, she has written the words that I recently was speaking of to a friend.  We share similar views on the over use of antidepressent being described to people (a band-aid for the real problem.) 
The thing, however,  that I think I can relate to the most...the one thing that really struck a familiar neural cord with me was the deep divide within myself.  Marriage/kids/tradition vs living wild and free amongst the Earth,  screaming to the Earth from the mountain side, diving head first into serging waves from  jagged rocks, being swallowed by the sky as I exit the door of a plane, tasting the spice of a hidden weed, the homemade broth of a mother's foreign land...
I want both.

No comments:

Post a Comment