Wednesday, September 29, 2010

...the last of a warm breeze and a bottle of Door County wine

I managed to go on one vacation this summer to Door County and let me tell you, the wine is delicious!  I have never been to that part of Wisconsin (that I can remember) so when I heard that there were wineries I was determined to make it to at least one.  We decided to hide from the rain (being that we were staying at a "cottage" on Lake Michigan) at the winery on Saturday and I came glass to taste buds with some of the yummiest flavors to cross paths with my palate.  When I returned home I was delighted (after the few bottles I had purchased ran dry) to find that the local liquor store carries and/or will special order the kinds that I like.  I recommend Blackberry Merlot and Razzledazzle to start with.  Whether you are enjoying the last warm winds of early fall with friends around a patio or a crackling weekend fire there are very few occasions not perfectly suited for a glass of tasty Door County wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment