Wednesday, March 24, 2010

NOTE: only use half the liquid!

During my walk this evening I had planned on making  the salmon loaf recipe which was the very first recipe that I ever cooked on my own.  I found the recipe in my mother's old, worn Betty Crocker cookbook.  I distinctly remember it was from this cookbook because it was my favorite one.  I was disappointed when I got home and found that it has been omitted from the version that I have.  I went through my bookmarked recipe pages and found a suitable recipe (though I was sure it had too many liquids) and gave it a try.  The recipe called for the salmon and the liquid, 1 beaten egg, plus another 1/2 c. of milk.  Against my best judgement I put it all together and substituted Panko bread crumbs over crushed saltine crackers (I don't think that would make a huge difference). Forty-five minutes later I was spooning up a slightly mooshy slice of Salmon loaf.  


My recommendations: reserve three quarters of the liquid from the salmon and omit the milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment